Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Can Quit Anytime

Here is the evidence of my addiction. I'm not quite sure that Nancy Reagan had this in mind when she told me to "Just Say No." I doubt that my nearest rehab clinic offers a service for a shoe problem. I've only included shoes I actually like in this collage, just in case you're wondering about the lack of certain types of shoes (i.e. heels). While I do own footwear of the painful kind, they are there only out of necessity; and as much as I'd like to, I can't exactly go to job interviews wearing Dunks.

While I was taking these pictures in a fit of insomnia, I came across shoes I had completely forgotten about. I'll need to make more of an effort to bring them into rotation. There are a couple of pairs here that I keep purely for sentimental reasons: my first pair of Timberlands, the first pair of sneakers I cared about, the shoes that started me on white sneakers.¹ So many memories, so few shoes.


¹ Can you pick which shoes go with which sentiment?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but which pair are your favorite?

Rita R. Buckner said...

wow!! What a big shoes collection it is!! I love and respect in your exclusive shoes collection. You have many pairs of shoes and every shoes are standard and perfect. Lovely post and thanks for sharing....