Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Don't Care

So it's been a good two weeks since I've posted, and normally, I would come up with some sort of excuse. I'm too lazy to do so, which, coincidentally, is the same reason I haven't been posting lately.

Actually, that's a lie. I was pretty busy at work for a couple of weeks and alternating between complete and total focus on work and complete and total focus on procrastination, I had no time to come up with a post. I did, however, make a list of possible topics to write about, which I promptly lost. Damn that document eating room of mine! For some reason, it's more difficult to try to remember a topic that I already thought of instead of simply coming up with a new topic.

This has never been a "this is what I've been doing with my life" blog, and I have no intention of turning it into one, but I now understand why there are so many of that type out there: it takes no thinking whatsoever to come up with a topic. Although these tend to be very consistent in terms of how often posts are published, they also tend to be very boring. Unless you have some kind of dramatic¹ ongoing saga, super entertaining/exciting life, or an exceptionally developed sense of storytelling, I don't care about what you did today. It's just not that interesting.

I am not saying that elements of your own life should be shunned when writing about anything. On the contrary, being able to relate something to your own life allows a greater ability to extrapolate upon said topic. What I'm against are the people that think that this warrants a Pulitzer:
Wow, I should *really* be concentrating on school nowadays, but things havent been working out that way. In fact, I didn't do any of my homework on the weekend until Monday... Which is usually unlike me. Ever since I got back to Drexel, I've been partying it up almost every single day. I think it has to do the fact that I dont have internet yet. YES I DONT HAVE INTERNET. and where am I? the library...Ah the pain..I definately can't remember every single thing I did in the last 3 wks, but its safe to say I can remember what I did this weekend. On Friday I went out to the KSA initiation and had a blast. I twas aweomse seeing everyone again. I also went out with my friend and his family to Joy Tsin Lau in Chinatown so I was late for the inititation, but apparently I didn't miss much at all which was good. Anyway, I had a few girly drinks, but it was no biggie. I danced a bit w muh girlies and got back at 2am with no pictures to show for it. Saturday I got auctioned off which was really weird, but fun! My friend was the highest bidder and my friends and his friends went back to my place to chillout for awhile b4 the afterparty. I also bought a guy myself! haha it was funny. I finally got to meet my friend's cousin, Chris, which was pretty cool too. We all walked over to the afterparty late but it was so beat so we left and Marianne and her cousin had to go home. Sarah slept over and it was an awesome night. Sunday I went back to new york and hung out with the parents for awhile and then went out with my other friends from st johns. We went bowling and I had some bubbletea with Pham. I bowled the highest the first game :) yayyyyy! so I got back home around 2am and called it a night cuz I had to wake up around 6am....Monday I got back to Philly and then played some sports and did some homework till 11pm and my brain was fried so I stopped at that point. WHAT A WEEKEND
I have not changed anything in this post. Clearly, this person² did not pay much attention in elementary school english class. While the (lack of) grammar is painful in itself, the topic is equally torturous. Does anyone really care what she did this weekend? I know that I don't.

Now you're saying, "Of course you don't care! You don't even know this girl. On a related note, this girl could be dead right now, having been viciously murdered by this 'Chris' character she just met. How insensitive of you." To that I say, "Who the fuck cares?"

You can argue that I'm being hypocritical in that I'm bashing someone for writing about events while I simply stick to random topics. Even I think it's hypocritical. Maybe what bothers me is the fact that 5 million other people have posted the exact same thing with different names. Perhaps it is the complete and utter disregard for the rules of grammar. In any case, I'm annoyed by it.


¹ Without being annoying, though.
² A typical AZN chick, I'm sorry, but not surprised, to say. Bitches make the rest of us look bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you make it sound so funny which is why we read this stuff in the first place! (Sarcasm is till the best medicine)