Wednesday, April 05, 2006

One Day I'll Grow Up

So a bunch of went out to dinner for a birthday at Mai Thai in Alexandria. The food was good, the company was good, all in all: a good night. So why am I writing about this boring shit? Because I now realize that I have the maturity of a 3 year old. How did I reach this conclusion, you ask? This is how:

There is an item on the menu called "Ka Pow," a choice of beef, chicken port, or combination seafood sauteed with ground fresh pepper, garlic, and Thai basil leaves. It was actually quite delicious. But the main reason that I ordered is was so that I could say "Ka Pow" like a Batman sound effect. (WHAM! SOCK! KA POW!) I could not stop snickering at the name. I said it as often as I could and with as much cheesiness as I could muster in public:

TO THE WAITER: Can I have the KA POW with beef?
TO MY FRIENDS: This KA POW is pretty good!

All in all, I am 3 years old. One day I'll grow up and act my age, just not anytime soon, and not as long as there are restaurants serving dishes with great names.

KA POW!

No comments: