Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Must I Work Now?

My job has suddenly decided to block most navigation within a top-tier shopping site. I feel like throwing up. I suppose it's only a matter of time before all of my favorite places are blocked. No more ordering shoes/jeans/t-shirts at work. I don't know what they expect me to do to pass the time anymore. I get paid to sit in this office with a computer connected to the intertubes. Of course I'm going to shop. Money + internet access = a collection of wonderful things. I can only hope that this is a terrible terrible mistake. Perhaps it will only block things that start with the www1? I am able to click on direct links sent to me, but further navigation is blocked by firedemons. I'm at a loss as to how to move on from this.

Is this perhaps just a general change in the system? The firewall has been very inconsistent in my time here. Sometimes style.com is blocked, and sometimes I can wander through it just fine. All I can do now is hope against hope that the biggest drain on my wallet will be returned to me (during work hours).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God just hates you. It is because you made fun of his pet brontosaurus.