Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Super Random Tuesday #4

While going through mailing lists/member lists at work the other day, I came across the name "Carmen SanDiego." Aside from the fact that this is an unfortunate name, this was one of my favorite shows as a kid, not the random cartoons, but the gameshow, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?. It was this that instilled in me a love for yelling at stupid gameshow contestants:

ME (age 11): South Africa is at the southern point of Africa, you IDIOT! WHY ARE YOU WANDERING AROUND EGYPT?!?! THERE'S A REASON IT'S CALLED SOUTH AFRICA!!!! WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID!?! ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

At this point, I would start screaming incoherently, sometimes I was even able to reach a point where only dogs could hear me. It's a wonder I never burst a blood vessel. It was during this time that I first found the need to call someone a cocksucker. In retrospect, that's quite inappropriate, as all the contestants were children and should not be anywhere near a cock, but that's a totally different topic.

I think this is a good time to point out that I had the highest scores in my eighth grade geography classes in which the tests consisted of blank maps and we had to name each country. I would have owned those stupid children that couldn't find Ghana to save their lives. After I owned them they would have been sold, as their stupidity would undoubtedly annoy the crap out of me sooner or later (most likely sooner). I seem to have stumbled on to a very sensitive subject, what with the buying and selling of children, so let's just end this here on a good note:

Do it Rockapella!

No comments: