Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Super Random Tuesday #11

Where has the magic gone?

Have you noticed a marked decline in the quality of Disney movies? Because I definitely have. Recall the magic of such films as Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Compare this to the excrement of Hercules and The Lion King ½. It makes my heart sad. It really does. I still know the lyrics to such gems as "A Whole New World," "Hakuna Matata," and "Be Our Guest." Can anyone say the same for "Listen with Your Heart" or "A Girl Worth Fighting For?." Really now, does anyone give a fuck about what happened to Pocahontas according to the warped Disney version? (From what I understand, John Smith was quite the jerk.)

Personally, Disney’s only saving grace is its association with Pixar. Unfortunately, this doesn't excuse its endorsement of shit. Don’t get me wrong. I love the Pixar moves (Finding Nemo is my favorite), but there’s something to be said for a quality traditionally animated movie.

No comments: