Wednesday, October 04, 2006

24 Hours Later: SRT #19

I’ve had a strange urge to kill lately. Not in the psychopathic deranged killer way, but in the I need to defend the future of my species way. So I installed Halo: Combat Evolved on my PC last night. Yes, I know it’s an old game, but I enjoyed playing it for countless hours when it came out on the Xbox years ago. Thankfully, killing the Covenant satisfied my violent urges. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as sneaking up behind an Elite and bashing its (his?) skull in with a pistol. It makes my (cold, shriveled, blackened husk of a) heart smile.

On the downside, I really suck at this game now. I’m not saying that I was ever super good at the game, but I was decent. I could hold my own against the boys and was quite adept with the shotgun/assault rifle combination. I blame having to use an Xbox 360 controller now. Even when the smaller controllers came out for the Xbox, I always preferred using the original giant controller. On the new controller, the spacing is different, and there are no black and white buttons. Also, I spent a good 20 minutes of the game just testing out different settings for the buttons trying to remember which button did what on the Xbox.

Hopefully, I’ll get decent/good at this game again. At least until I’m struck with a new urge, such as the desire to rollerblade and vandalize public property.

No comments: